Wednesday, July 28, 2010

santa cruz & ashland

We just had a family reunion in Santa Cruz. I heart it there. It was the best time.



The kids, David and my brother at the ocean


The kids and me were the only pasty white Seattle people on the beach

redwoods


cousins under a redwood tree


legs for sale


my sisters-in-law


David transporting cookies


My kids loving on Uncle John while PopDad (granddad) looks on

On the way down we stayed in Ashland, Oregon with Uncle Richard, our favorite salty aged-hippie displaced New Yorker, unapologetically particular yet somehow laid-back, Mensa uncle who consumes only lox, Pepsi and medical marijuana. The kids picked cherries in his backyard and he and I did sudoku inside and he complained about Sarah Palin and asked me a lot about how twitter works. It was so fun.



2 comments:

Still Breathing said...

Glad you had a good time with the family.

Amanda said...

I like being pasty...even though I am one of the only pasty whites in Texas as well...great pics as always!