Monday, August 4, 2008

nyc, july 29-31

Shoddily documented with a crappy camera and many pictures missing of many wonderful things (cause I just didn't take them), but here's what I got.

Leaving Seattle
Photobucket

Getting there
Photobucket

The New Jersey show. The tour manager was nice enough to get Ginger, Kate & me in after I told him he was so much better than the old TM, superior in looks & moral fiber. He said flattery would get me everywhere, whee
Photobucket

Ginger & Kate's radical dining room in Brooklyn
Photobucket

Their radical Brooklyn half-bath sink
Photobucket

Simone & Gregg (I think Gregg is trying to tell me to go away)
Photobucket

Radical Brooklyn kitchen. Love that subway tile. (Almost done showing you house pics)
Photobucket

Brooklyn garden (Last one, and I didn't even take pics of the other gorgeous floors)
Photobucket

Supergrass at Webster Hall in NYC. It was the best gig of any I've seen in my life.
Photobucket

The ladies' at Webster Hall
Photobucket

Metaphysical Webster Hall toilet
Photobucket

I couldn't capture even a speck of what it was like to be there.
Photobucket
[I was standing next to David Fricke when I took this.]

Charly & Rob, two of the sweetest and most gentlemanly people, and the best blues pianists in the world
Photobucket

Charly, Gaz & Simone (with a tiny bit of Rob at left)
Photobucket

The next night at the Knitting Factory. Neil Hamburger prepares to take the stage (and he's not happy about it)
Photobucket

Exhibit A in our tour project, Simone & Stephanie's Documentation of Backstage Penis Drawings: Suppressed Homoeroticism in Self-Described Hetero Bands Explored, And What To Do About It.
Photobucket

I bumped into Michele from Seattle at the Neil Hamburger show, how random
Photobucket

How did all these a-holes get backstage?
Photobucket

More to come from the Neil Hamburger tour..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see MORE. More, more, more.

And I want you to write about all of it. I like reading you.

stephy said...

Aww thanks! I meant to ask permission to post pictures of your house so I hope it's okay. I'm kicking myself for not taking pics of the other floors.

I will write more!

Anonymous said...

These pictures almost make me want to upload mine. Wait, don't I have to download them first or something?

(Incidentally, I LOVED seeing pictures of our house. It just made me want to see MORE.)