Saturday, March 29, 2008

snowy day

Photobucket

Yesterday was great. It snowed! And I went to my son's parent-teacher conference where she said wonderful things. There's nothing better than that. Then I made chinese chicken salad that effin KICKS ASS. (The recipe is from Shari, who shares an office with me and is one of those rare kinds of people that everyone should be lucky enough to work with.) Then I took a nap. Then David and I went to see 21 with twelve people he works with. The movie was terrible but watching it with them was super fun. They bought whoppers, chewy sprees, sour patch kids peanut m&ms, red vines, starburst jelly beans and two tubs of greasy fantastical movie popcorn and said hilarious stuff the whole way through. But that movie blows huge monkey ass. Don't go see it unless you had ten dollars you were going to tear up and throw away anyway.

There was one moment that stands out but it won't translate into print very well. But I'll try to tell it anyway. I was driving in the snow, and it was the kind of snow that doesn't stick so it wasn't scary to be driving in it, and I put on Valley Winter Song by Fountains of Wayne and it was so pretty and perfect, it goes "the snow is coming down in our New England town and it's been falling all day long. What else is new, what can I do?but sing this valley winter song I wrote for you." Anyway, that was really nice. I loved it. Sorry if it didn't translate over but I thought I'd try.

My friend Joey works at KXLU in LA and he's going to play my latest mix cd on Tuesday morning. I said "not the whole thing?" and he said yes the whole thing. Then he asked what DJ name he should give and I said DJ Oprah's Bowel Movements. It's catchy. I think he's going to go with DJ Skirt Steak though.

In Buffalo Exchange yesterday I was about to leave without getting anything. The super excitable guy working the dressing room said "oh honey, don't be grumpy. You know what you need to do? You need to get back on that horse!"

I loved this news story. I love Bruno and I can't wait for the movie. I guess they're filming in Kansas right now because these papers in Kansas said that a "European man" was "putting security on red alert" by "stripping down to tight shorts and dancing in the lobby of Wichita Airport." BAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!! Here is my all-time favorite Bruno clip, when he visited Alabama.




This one's for Simone.

3 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

I love the picture of you and lolly. CUTE!

Oh, yay for a good teacher/parent conference. whew. And, I'm glad you had fun at the movies. :) Yummy snacks.

Team Wolfisaki said...

I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BRUNO! Weeeee!

Simone said...

That's funny. Everyone I know who was raped by wombat ended up speaking kiwi.