Saturday, March 22, 2008

photo op

Yesterday we went to the Henry and then to the UW library. (the castle liberry, as Judah called it.) He said it was the best day of his life.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Later I made noodles from scratch. The egg in the flour looked so rad I took a picture.

Photobucket

Then after kneading I took another.

Photobucket

After rolling it out I made layers with grated pecorino. More photodocumentation.

Photobucket

They're so super good I want to make them every day, ten times a day. (finished product for the kids, sans vegetables or anything that would keep them from eating it. I'll work those in next time.)

Photobucket

Today I started painting a cherry blossom tree on Lolly's wall. Here's what I've done so far, it's only about a quarter of the way done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Easter is here, strange to have it in March. Easter is meaningful to me and also difficult for me. At least we get ham and candy.

"See, only a chocolate Jesus
Can satisfy my soul." -Tom Waits

4 comments:

California Girl said...

Wow! What a gorgeous library! Holy smokes! And how wonderful that you take your family there.

Happy Easter!

mushroommeadows said...

I love, love the cherry blossom! Lucky Lolly. :)

Hope you and your family have a fabulous Easter!

Mrs. Cleaver said...

Love the pasta pictures - you're such a good wife/mom to make homemade pasta!

rachel said...

i love that library too! especially when the trees are blooming; (we just went there on sunday)
and your pasta-making-documentation makes me want to eat it!