Wednesday, January 2, 2008

fergie ferg

I’m wearing my headphones and I can still hear the Fergie song coming from my coworker’s cubicle. Fergie is singing a gentle tender song about big girls not crying and I could hear “like a child misses her blanket!” even through my headphones! I would like to state for the record that I do not like this song and I don’t think it’s very good. I like a lot of dumb music too so that’s saying something. That’s not a self-effacing comment either, there is a lot of “good” music that I don't like and I like a lot of stupid music that makes people say “ew, you like THAT?” And I do not like this Fergie song and it kind of makes me want to rip my face off.

The end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, i HATE that song! i totally agree with you - i like a LOT of dumb music, but that one is just plain bad and i cannot believe it gets any radio play at all. that blanket line makes me cringe. it's like something a junior high girl would write after her pimply-faced boyfriend dumped her.

once again, you've hit the nail on the head!
- becca

Carrie said...

Like I said, I only like Fergie when she's getting attacked by nuclear rage zombies in Planet Terror.

Anonymous said...

true dat.

Anonymous said...

I happen to love that song with all my heart. It's my mantra.

California Girl said...

I was working at a party and the DJ played the song 'My Hump' - I think thats the name. I was beboppin' right along and later some young thing said she couldn't believe I was singing that song - like I was WAY too old to even know it. She said that it was 'messed up'. Whatever. I don't much like that 'Big Girls Don't Cry' song, but do enjoy a good KC and the Sunshine Band tune...